How to Save Designs as Print Ready Files using Canva
As a DIY’er, we know that you want to be in control of your artwork, so we turn to our user-friendly design apps like Canva to create them.
Thankfully, you can now save your designs as Print Ready Files (in the correct format) in the same app to reach our standards for printing.
Here's a guideline you can easily follow which we created just for you.
Free Design Templates for CANVA
Saddle Stitched Booklets
1. SET DESIGN DIMENSIONS BASED ON YOUR REQUIREMENTS
- Make sure that your artwork size matches the size you require them to be printed (ex. Standard Business Card: 90x55mm)
- Please take note that we use Millimeters (mm) as our unit of measurement
2. BRING OUT THE LINES
- Go to 'File' on the top left corner of the Canva
- Tick 'Show rulers and guides'
- Tick 'Show margins'
- Tick 'Show print bleed' - this is an allowance beyond the trim area to avoid white lines around the edges when cut.
3. DOWNLOAD YOUR DESIGN
- On the top right hand corner of Canva, click on 'Share'
- A drop-down box will appear, select the 'Download' option
4. SET IN THE CORRECT FORMAT
- Change the File type to 'PDF Print'
- Tick the box for 'Crop marks and bleed'
- Select the pages you want to save
- Ensure your Color Profile is in 'CMYK (best for professional printing)'
- Click 'Download'
Print with Same Day Printing
While Canva has teamed up with Snap Printing in Australia to try and offer you a printing solution, you're still absolutely free to chose any printer you would like to produce your offline marketing material.
With our team of in-house graphic designers trained in print, our passionate and experienced production team when combined with our large range of printing and finishing solutions at Same Day Printing we'are no only one of the best, we would like to believe one of if not the fastest in the industry in helping you turn your digital file into physical reality.