Check Artwork / Make Print Ready
Our Basic File check service / Artwork Check is perfect if you think you have set up your PDF file to be press-ready, but would like it checked for common errors to ensure a quality outcome.
For your artwork in here is what we need in a nutshell;
- Supplied 1:1 scale,
- 1-up per page, centered Hi Resolution Pdf files,
- 3mm external bleeds,
- 3mm internal margins,
- all fonts converted to outlines,
- preferably vector based images for content like text, logo's and line drawings,
- all images embedded and 300-600dpi or greater for the best result (Do not upsample your images.), and
- all colours converted to CMYK process (not RGB)
- However for more detailed info and to avoid print delays check files meet press requirements outlined at: Artwork Guidelines.
If you are supplying PDF files and are not familiar with pre-press set-up we suggest that you always select our Basic File check service / Artwork Check option.
If you select My Artwork is Print Ready instead of this option, the files you upload will go straight to press without pre-press checks, and any artwork that fails to meet the required specifications may print incorrectly, at the fault of the artwork supplier.
Our file-check service is only available for artwork supplied as PDF files, which should be uploaded in press-ready format for checking. Any files NOT supplied as PDF files will be considered at least a basic layout and will incur artwork charges.
If you need assistance with setting your artwork up as a press-ready PDF, or making updates to your files, our design team can assist with New Designs, Design Updates using your Adobe files, or Design Recreation from other file-types or images.
If you don't think your files are press-ready, it is best to select a design option from the outset, to avoid this initial file-check cost, as design services will attract separate charges.
What we will check for
What we will let you know about or fix
What we will not check for
We will not check for anything else, including, but not restricted to the below: