When you need premium quality kraft business cards with white ink or cmyk urgently, Same Day Printing can get you organised today. With one of the fastest business card turnarounds in Australia, and guaranteed on-time dispatch, we’ll help you take advantage of even last minute marketing opportunities.
Unbleached, natural brown kraft board with unique two-ply design which is PEFC Certified and Paper made Carbon Neutral.
Set your same day business apart with natural board or Kraft Business Cards.
When you need premium quality same day business cards urgently, Same Day Printing can get you organised today.
With one of the fastest kraft business card turnarounds in Australia, and guaranteed on-time dispatch, we’ll help you take advantage of even last minute marketing opportunities.
Make a statement with Kraft. These environmentally-friendly business cards mean that your brand or message will resonate with natural appeal. Even the simplest of designs will have the biggest effect on our Kraft range. All of our Kraft stocks are FSC® certified (licensed code FSC ® C10628), fully recyclable and compostable.
If you are looking for laminated business cards, or a different paper stock like recycled, or uncoated, pop back to our business card menu page to explore other options.
Learn More About Kraft Card-stocks
- PDF Templates
- Why White Ink?
What is Kraft Card?
Kraft card is renowned for its robustness, longevity, and distinctive earthy brown color. It is typically crafted from unbleached natural Kraft fibres, contributing to its characteristic rustic appearance. The paperboard has a relatively thick structure with a coarse texture, showcasing visible fibers and a rougher surface on 1 side.
It's important to note that due to its organic nature, even though the stock weight or grams per square meter (gsm) remains consistent, there can be variations in shade, texture, and perceived thickness between different batches, affected by the lay of the fibres. These natural variations give each print a unique and organic feel, further enhancing the overall charm of your designs.
This unique quality makes Kraft card an excellent choice for a variety of design projects that benefit from its natural, rustic look, and it is commonly used for packaging, business cards, postcards, loyalty cards, marketing material and other applications where strength and a rustic aesthetic are desired.
Our Kraft Business cards are available in the following sizes as well as custom shapes.
We have a growing range of readymade shapes for your Kraft business cards, or we can make a custom die for you.
Do prints look different on kraft?
Yes, prints on kraft cardstock may appear different compared to white paper. Understanding how colors interact with colored and textured stocks, such as kraft, is crucial for maximizing the unique qualities of the stock in your designs.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Colour Vibrancy: Prints on kraft cardstock may appear less vibrant due to the natural brown colour of the stock. As ink is translucent, the non-white base affects the perceived intensity and of colours, making darker colours appear slightly muted, and lighter colours may not show at all. Tip: To get a rough feel for how colours may show, when designing your card, you can set your artboard to be brown and your design colours to "overprint". This will mix the colours in a similar fashion to the final print effect - and give you an idea of colours that are definitely not suited to printing on brown stock.
- Colour Variance: The colour and texture of kraft cardstock can vary between batches as it is a natural fibrous stock. This can result in slight variations in the appearance of prints, adding a unique and organic character to each piece.
- Shine/Flatness of Toner: Toner on kraft cardstock may have a different level of shine or flatness depending on the specific batch of stock. The way the fiber lays down on the surface can impact the toner's reflective properties, resulting in subtle variations in shine between batches.
- When printing white toner or using white as an underlay on kraft cardstock, it's important to consider the impact of the stock's natural brown color. The white toner won't achieve complete opacity, resulting in less bright whites compared to printing on white stock with a kraft brown pattern background. Moreover, since both layers are printed in one pass for alignment, the white toner interact with overlaying colours lightening the affected shades while also providing more sheen in those areas.
Is kraft card environmentally friendly?
Here are some details on the environmental aspects of Kraft stock
- Sustainable Material: Kraft cardstock is made from renewable and sustainable sources, such as responsibly managed forests or recycled paper pulp. This helps reduce the impact on natural resources and supports sustainable forestry practices.
- Biodegradability: Kraft cardstock is biodegradable and compostable. It breaks down naturally over time, reducing its environmental impact and waste generation. It can be recycled along with other paper and cardboard products.
- Lower Chemical Use: he production process for kraft cardstock, known as the kraft pulping process, typically involves fewer chemicals compared to other paper manufacturing processes. This can contribute to lower pollution levels and environmental impact.
- Reduced Bleaching: Kraft cardstock is often unbleached or minimally bleached, resulting in its characteristic natural brown colour. This reduces the use of harsh chemicals like chlorine in the production process, making it a more environmentally friendly option compared to bleached papers.
- Recyclability: Kraft cardstock can be recycled along with other paper and cardboard products. Recycling reduces the need for virgin materials and saves energy and resources.
Can I order Kraft card in custom shapes?
Yes, indeed, you can order Kraft card in custom shapes. However, due to the distinctive characteristics of Kraft card, there are a few things you might want to consider:
- Straight Edge Cut: When we cut Kraft card into square or rectangular shapes using a guillotine, the edges are typically clean and crisp.
- Die Cut: Custom shapes achieved through die cutting will have a neat finish on the front edge. On the back edge, due to the fibrous nature of Kraft card, you might notice some loose fibres.
- Dieless Cutting: We employ a drag knife or oscillating knife for dieless cutting. This method, due to Kraft card's fibrous nature, may result in some fibres sticking out. If there is colour right up to the edge, these protruding fibres can give the impression of a crack in the print.
- Scoring and Folding: The process of scoring and folding Kraft card might cause some fibres to lift, which can appear like missing ink or small cracks.
Remember, these distinctive features are part and parcel of the charm and appeal of Kraft card. Its unique, rustic look and feel can add a touch of individuality to your creative projects. Do bear in mind that these features can vary depending on the toner coverage and cutting method employed.
Why White Ink on Kraft Buffalo stock?
Earthy and Rustic
White Ink Only
Simple and Elegant
White Ink + CMYK Process
Make it POP
As Kraft is not white, printing on Kraft the colour interacts with the brown stock resulting in a different colour outcome than if you print on white. We do not advise or recommend the use of light or transparent colours, as they will not stand out on this stock. For a pleasing outcome, all colours should be dark solids.
White Ink is our specialty fifth colour process which can help you take your kraft business card design to a whole new level of creativity.
Please don't get us wrong, some people love the more subtle and rustic look of black and / or cmyk only on kraft stock. With the right designs for the right products this can be the right solution.
Traditional full colour CMYK print on natural kraft board
Full colour printing processes use a combination of cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink or toner (CMYK). Designed to be printed on a white base, CMYK colours are translucent so they can combine to achieve different colours and effects. As they are translucent (think coloured glass), when printing on a white card colours look solid and bright - but when printed on a coloured base like kraft stock, colours blend with the natural board colour.
Colours darker than the board will generally appear solid, but darker/ less vibrant than they would appear on white.
Colours lighter than the board for instance yellows or light shades may not be visible, or may look more like a watermark rather than a solid feel.
It is important to remember that white elements in standard CMYK designs have no ink/toner applied, showing just the white card underneath, so when these designs are printed on kraft card, they will have no fill and the kraft card will show in these areas.
Adding a white base for vibrancy
But what if you want more pop and vibrancy!
When you want your colours to pop off specialty coloured stock like brown earth looking Kraft stock, and / or you want to include white elements in your design, our specialty white ink option will help achieve the look you're after.
By adding white as the fifth colour in the CMYK printing process, you can not only have white in your design, you can use it as a base layer to create more vibrant, and bright colours on coloured paper stocks.
*** NO TRANSPARENT COLOURS *** when printing with white ink all colours need to be set to 100% opacity. Transparent elements in designs will not work with white ink