Define a PDF Preset
When saving your Adobe Illustrator file for print, specific settings are required.
You can ensure this by doing the following each time you save a file - or to make it easier follow the last step and make a custom Adobe PDF Preset for next time.
- Select High Quality Print
- Select the General tab,
- Select View PDF after Saving
- Select Marks and Bleeds
- Tick Trim Marks
- Change Bleeds to the correct size for your product
- 2mm for vinyl stickers smaller than A4 and 5mm for vinyl stickers larger than A4
- 3mm for flat and folded small format paper and card items like business cards, flyers, postcards, brochures, die-cut items
- 5mm for posters, banners and standees
- Change Offset to match bleed. (This ensures your trim marks stay outside the bleed area)
- Select Advanced
- Change Subset fonts to 0%
- Select Summary and ensure there are no Warnings.
- Select the Save Preset icon in the top right of the window
- Name the Preset as something you will remember for this type of item, we suggest
- 3mm Digital-Offset
- 2mm Vinyl Stickers
- 5mm Posters-Banners